The application form is filled in by persons who are entitled to healthcare benefits in Cyprus under the Government Regulations (General). An application form is enough for all family members. The EHIC provides you with the right to medical care necessary during your temporary transition to an EEA-Member State of the EEA and Switzerland.

EU Member States: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Germany, Denmark, Greece, Estonia, United Kingdom, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Croatia, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Hungary, Poland, Portugal , Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden and the Czech Republic and Finland.

Countries of the European Economic Area Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.

The holder of the EHIC is entitled to all healthcare benefits if he or she becomes ill during their temporary visit to an EU and EEA member country.

In the event of a need for health care, including hospitalization during the applicant’s temporary stay and / or family members accompanying him / her in an EU and EEA country, the EHIC should be submitted to a State or healthcare system of the country Medical Institution to provide him with the necessary medical care on behalf of Cyprus. You may be asked to present another national document eg. political identity or passport.

In the application form it is necessary to attach, as appropriate, copies of the following documents:

  • Employed, self-employed.

> Beneficiary Hospitalization ID.

> Passport page or identity card of the applicant and his / her dependents, stating their personal details. If a dependent child does not own a Identity Card, he / she then presents a copy of the Birth Certificate.

  • Active and Retired Government Officials and Wage Government Staff

> Medical care card (Gen 96 or Gen 96A, as applicable).

> Passport page or identity card of the applicant and his / her dependents listing their personal information.


(1) If the purpose of the travel is medical care abroad, the person concerned should not submit this form, but should refer to the issue of Form S2 or for a special authorization based on the Patient Depositing Scheme abroad for treatment.


The European Health Insurance Card is issued at the local Citizens Service Centers and the District Offices of the Department of Postal Services.

Please follow and like us:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top